Saturday, February 22, 2014

Deep In The Heart Of Texas

Gail Collins describes the primary election campaigns underway in Texas.  The values on display in Texas are uniquely Texan, but unfortunately,  they are representative of a "Redneck America" that are not uncommon in this country.  We may laugh at what goes on in Texas, but they think that we are the crazy ones.  Greg Abbott is the Attorney General in Texas.  He is likely to be the next governor of Texas.  Ted Nugent is a popular entertainer in Texas who Abbott has been using in his campaign.  Nugent wrote a popular song called Stranglehold.  A few lines from Stranglehold are quoted below:

You ran the night that you left me
You put me in my place
I got you in a stranglehold, baby
That night I crushed your face

No comments:

Post a Comment