Monday, October 24, 2011

Brad DeLong On Greg Mankiw

Brad DeLong dumps on Greg Mankiw from Harvard for writing a ridiculous op-ed in the NYT. When I read the article I was tempted to dump on it as well but I felt that it was pointless to continue posting criticisms of Mankiw, and his partner in crime at Harvard, Robert Borro, who is also a very prominent economist who has enlisted in the GOP army. The comments made by other economists on DeLong's blog go even further in their criticism of Mankiw. The real shame is that he is a brilliant economist who has chosen to carefully slant his views to support the GOP party line on the critical economic issues that we face. I was surprised when he accepted a position in the Bush administration, I was not surprised when he joined the Mitt Romney team. I cringe when I think about the influence that Mankiw and Borro have on the impressionable students at Harvard that they prepare for jobs on Wall Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment