Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The New Gilded Age Is Even More Tragic Than The Last One

I have cut back on my blogs because most of the terrible things about Trump and our failing political system have already been said.  I wrote a few blogs about the Republican tax plan even though I understand that most of Trump's supporters are not interested enough in tax policy to bother their heads with the details.  They don't even care that he lies about almost everything.  That is what they expect from politicians.  I posted this article by Dana Milbank because it describes the tax writing process in Congress with a touch of humor and sadness.  It is going to be difficult to recover from the new normal in Congress and in much our country.  Many of our politicians, and their supporters, have lost their moral compass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment